For Eldercare Professionals
Experience with Long-Distance Placements
Long distance placements present a unique set of challenges for families and elder care professionals alike. Every situation is different, and every set of circumstances needs to be managed carefully. For those coming from outside the area, identifying the right assisted living and independent senior living options can be difficult. To make this easier, we offer services for local families who have a relative from out of the area that wishes to move to our community. We also work with families who live far away but have a relative who chooses to move to our community—selecting our senior care centers as a way to stay within their social circle, comfort zone, and other community roots. In these situations, we coordinate efforts with eldercare professionals, assisted living communities, senior care residences, and families to ensure a successful move. Through our Responsive Move-In Process we ensure a positive transition.
Responsive Move-In Process
- Bear Creek will quickly respond to accomplish a timely move-in for elders who need support and safety immediately.
- We conduct in-home and on-site assessments in hospitals, rehab centers and nursing homes. Contact our Executive Director and we will promptly arrange an assessment for your client.
- We offer Short-Term Respite Stays at our community, and utilize “wrap-around” healthcare services from local Visiting Nurse Agencies to assist with transitions.
- We offer assistance throughout the research and decision-making process to eldercare professionals, their clients and families.
- Our team of professionals communicate regularly with eldercare professionals concerning each client’s needs and progress before, during and after a move to Bear Creek Senior Living Community.
On-Site Physical Therapy & Rehab Services
To ease with transitions and maintain care levels, we offer on-site physical therapy and rehab services for residents that either need to continue therapies following a hospital stay, can benefit from continued therapies after leaving a skilled nursing setting or post-acute rehab, or may have seen a decline in strength at the community. Therapies at Bear Creek Senior Living Community are offered at Bear Creek through a third party Medicare certified Visiting Nurse Agency and available to all of our residents on site.